News & Information
Ranked #2 in Twin Cities Area:
We, at A Gentle Dental Center, want to thank you! Your choosing us to provide you and your family with quality dental care more
- We have converted to digital x-ray. Patient diagnostic x-rays are instantly viewable on the operatory monitor and attached to the patients permanent file. Another advantage is the patients x-ray exposure is reduced by over 80% compared to conventional imaging.
Did You Know?
- Gum tissue disease is linked to heart disease.
- Smoking is linked to a higher incidence of gum tissue disease.
- Pneumonia rates increase in patients with gum tissue disease.
- Bad gums could be as strong a risk for heart attacks as smoking cigarettes, which is to blame for about 40,000 deaths a year.
- A new study of fatty deposits lodged in the carotid arteries of stroke sufferers shows that 70% contain bacteria and 40% of that bacteria comes from the mouth.
- Diabetics with gum disease were three times more likely to have heart attacks then those without gum disease.
- Women with gum disease are 7 to 8 times more likely to give birth prematurely to low birth-weight babies.
- Adults with gum tissue disease have 4 times the chance of having Alzheimer's Disease.
- Men with gum tissue disease have 6 times the chance of pancreatic cancer.
- These are all good reasons to have good oral cleaning habits and routine dental hygiene visits.